Hi, my name is Neuro. I am the mascot at PAUL For Brain Recovery. I am a blue brain who educates and raises awareness about brain wellbeing whilst supporting the brain injured.
On this tab you will see me on my travels at our charity events and I’ll tell you important and fun information about your amazing brain.
How to avoid a blue brain and what to do if you have a blue brain.
Here’s a few fun facts to start with;
1. The average number of thoughts that humans are believed to experience each day is 70,000.
2. There are no pain receptors in the brain. That means the brain can feel no pain at all.
3. The brain is made up of about 75% water.
4. The neurons in your brain make enough electricity to generate a low-watt light bulb.
5. Your brain sends more messages everyday than all the phones in the world. Now that’s a lot of texting!
6. Messages can fly from the nerves in your body to your brain at more than 150mph. Whew!
7. The brain of an adult human weighs around 3 pounds (1.5 kg). Although it makes up just 2% of the body’s weight, it uses around 20% of its energy and uses 20% of all the oxygen we breathe.
8. The human brain is the fattest organ in the body and may consist of at least 60% fat!
9. At birth, your brain was almost the same size as an adult brain and contained most of the brain cells for your whole life. Your brain finally stops growing at the age of 18.
10. The human brain is protected by the skull (cranium), a protective casing made up of 22 bones that are joined together.
11. There are one hundred billion neurons in the brain. To give that some context, a stack of one hundred billion pieces of paper would be about 5000 miles high – that’s the distance from San Francisco to London!