Here at PAUL For Brain Recovery we provide support and guidance for people that have been affected by acquired brain injury (ABI). We work with each person to help them reach their full potential and overcome the subsequent challenges that follow at different stages of their recovery.
Below is a list of some of the conditions that we have experience of providing service for:
- Acquired Brain Injury (ABI)
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM)
- Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension (IIH)
Upon accessing our service, every service user is allocated three initial appointments. This enables our specialist delivery team to get to know the individual and how their brain injury is impacting upon their lives. These initial sessions enable us to highlight any immediate needs or challenges the individual has and identify any personal goals or aspirations they wish to achieve. We then assign them to the appropriate pathway which best meets their needs.
The support package offered at PAUL For Brain Recovery can be made up of any of the following;
- One to one support sessions
- Family support sessions
- Small group educational sessions
- Social time, to encourage new friendships and peer mentoring in a fun, safe and supported environment.
- Support and funding to help people get back in to education and work.
- Education and advice regarding healthy and appropriate lifestyle choices that aid brain recovery.
- Instruct and fund specialist rehabilitation services to support recovery, including but not limited to: aqua therapy, nutrition sessions, anger management, neuro-physiotherapy, benefits advice, speech therapy, counselling and CBT.
Details of the specific recovery pathways we offer can be found here: