Here at PAUL For Brain Recovery we support anyone with an acquired brain injury (ABI) and work with them to reach their full potential and overcome the subsequent challenges that follow at different stages of their recovery.
Below is a list of some of the conditions that we have experience of providing service for:
- Acquired Brain Injury (ABI)
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM)
- Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension (IIH)
Upon accessing our service, every service user will be allocated three appointments. This will enable our Brain Injury Case Manager and Specialist Caseworker to highlight any immediate needs or challenges they may have and identify any personal goals or aspirations they wish to achieve. We can then assign them to the appropriate pathway which best meets their needs.
The support package offered at PAUL For Brain Recovery can be made up of any of the following;
- One to one support sessions
- Family support group sessions
- Small group educational sessions
- Social time, to encourage new friendships and peer mentoring in a fun, safe and supported environment.
- Support and funding to help people get back in to education and work
- Education and advice regarding healthy and appropriate lifestyle choices that aid brain recovery.
- Instruct and fund specialist rehabilitation services to support recovery, including but not limited to: aqua therapy, nutrition sessions, anger management, neuro-physiotherapy, benefits advice, speech therapy, counselling and CBT.